Pays up to $100k DOE – Direct Hire
4-year Accounting Degree, multi-entity healthcare industry experience and intercompany reconciliations experience REQUIRED.
Looking for a subject matter expert for the accounting team, as the senior accountant, you will support the chief financial officer and the Vice President of Finance and Accounting in key accounting activities, including general ledger maintenance, compliance with new accounting pronouncements, processes and procedures review to achieve operating efficiency.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Performs assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations and reviews to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data.
- Analyzes historical financial data and makes projections and forecasts based on sound assumption.
- Maintains and reviews fixed assets ledger each month to ensure assets are properly recorded in accordance with established capitalization policies.
- Updates lease amortization tables for finance leases and operating lease-related to commercial real estate agreements.
- Performs targeted internal audits of specific general ledger accounts.
- Prepares and reviews month-end close-related journal entries as assigned by the director of accounting, including prepaid, accruals, deferred rent, and leases/financing arrangements.
- Prepares grant budgets and related accompanying documents and submit them in a timely manner under tight deadlines.
- Responsible for developing distribution codes when applicable, applying them appropriately to charges including distribution codes for medical staff.
- Reviews General Ledger of grants and prepare grant billings in a timely manner.
- Researches and resolves account discrepancies and issues as assigned by the director of accounting.
- Reviews accounting procedures and recommend improvements for approval, and ensures approved procedures are fully implemented in a timely manner.
- Must be able to implement new accounting pronouncements, preparation of IRS Form 990, preparation of the annual budget and long-range financial forecast process.
- perform Single Audit and compliance audit process and perform financial modeling and analysis as assigned.
- Review inter-company transactions and makes necessary entries to produce consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Responsible for setting up new vendors, chart of account codes, including revenue and expense accounts in Abila.
- Responsible for updating space allocation and related distribution codes.
- Performs grant revenue and expenses analysis to identify needs for additional funds or needs to return funds for reallocation are identified in a timely manner.
- Performs monthly lab and drug billing and expenses analysis to ensure only costs charged to grants are billed to related grants.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience as an accountant with a Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of experience with a Master’s degree in Accounting.
- Demonstrated RECENT knowledge and understanding of General Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- Must be able to analyze financial data, prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines, have excellent analytical & organization skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.