The principal software engineer will play a key role in developing innovative edge computing networking products and services leveraging our patented technologies. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with his/her peers and will be deeply involved in various R&D activities, including proof-of-concept prototyping, software design, and development, as well as a product launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other Duties not listed may be assigned.
New Product Development % of Job – 80%
- Analyze client requirements/use cases and design generic solutions to meet the requirements.
- Explore possible solutions, conduct proof-of-concept prototyping, and/or perform technology evaluation.
- Develop software systems that are highly efficient and scalable.
- Conduct research on cutting-edge networking technologies and competitive landscapes.
- Ensure extensible and reusable implementation.
- Perform unit and integration tests and conduct performance benchmarking.
- Work closely with the QA team to identify and resolve defects.
- Maintain good documentation of design and implementation.
- Support product launch and deployment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering from an accredited university. A Master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred.
- 7+ years of work experience in developing networking products
- Experiences in TCP / IP, IP Sec, VPN, SSL/TLS, subnetting, L2/L3 routing, tunneling, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi.
- Experiences in SDN, SD-WAN, MPTCP, Mesh, 4G/LTE, 5G, C-V2X, DSRC a plus.
- Experiences in cloud, fog, or edge computing a plus.
- Strong hands-on skills in Linux, C/C++, bash/python, Makefiles/Cmake.
- Experiences in OpenWRT/LEDE/DD-WRT and device driver programming a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a professional and credible demeanor.
- Ability to effectively communicates concepts with various levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible to work overtime for special projects or business supports.
- Shows determination to achieve outstanding results.
- Maintains strong attention to detail.
- Keeps committed to excellence.
- Demands continued improvement.